Wednesday 29 July 2020

Isolation Journal 65

A decent night of sleep, nearly 8 hours, but a very groggy morning.  No one logged onto the team call and I always find that makes the day a bit disjointed and makes me feel a bit disconnected to work.

I grabbed cornflakes for breakfast and two coffees and Maya kept lying on my hand to distract me, she's got a skin condition at the moment where her belly and some of her feet is a bit scabby.  I popped a bit of olive oil on to help her.  

Work was mostly unproductive and sorting out issues and admin today.  At lunch I had a break and had some of the leftover pizza and fed the chicken leftovers to the cats.

I did manage to get hold of a useful contact who might be able to help me engage a senior NHS person as a speaker for a webinar so it wasn't a day of total loss.

Alan went out for a cycle at around 5pm and had spent the day studying and came back and made tea and by the time I'd realised it was past 7pm and tea was ready (lebanese flat bread from Hello Fresh and I ate and watched the end of Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets and let my food go down before going for a run.

I decided as I'd eaten I'd try and run within the "easy" heartrate zone for Garmin which was harder than I'd imagined. I ended up running 8.3K in just over 50 mins and made up for the day of no running yesterday in my running 1000 miles in 2020 goal.

I spent a good bit of lunch researching potential venues for a holiday in the UK, but couldn't really find much as everything seems to be booked!

I then came up and type this on my computer in the office, rather than sitting in front of the telly.

No comments:

Post a Comment