Tuesday 7 July 2020

Isolation Journal 42

I was a bit groggy getting up this morning and I ended up having to do loads of tidying of the coffee machine to be able to make a coffee.

I had a slice of toast and biscoff spread for breakfast, did my MS Teams and did my forecast and cracked on with searching for a candidate for a role and managed to find 5 by the end of the day as I did a much much wider search.

I had Pilates online at 12pm and had a total of 2 coffees.  During the class I had to get up as Qubit came in with a live mouse, the mouse managed to escape from him and run under the wardrobe, I couldn't get it out, but I managed to rescue it later, I hope it was ok after I let it go outside.

I made bratwurst and potato waffles for lunch and then a candidate called me at 1.30pm so it went cold before I finished eating.  My friend Kirstie texted as she had some cake from her baby shower to drop off, so I had a chat with her at the front door.  I snacked on two mini chomps in my office room.

I then took on 2 new roles for Rachel in my team and ended up working until around 7pm.  My friend Hayley texted me and was in the area and so popped over for a coffee and a catch up in the garden (I put the camping chairs out)  with her husband Flower, they're moving to Whitby and so getting their house ready.  Alan cooked Hello Fresh for tea and it was a tasty chicken fajita.

I then came back in to do some more work and upload CVs onto a portal, it took me 2 hours to upload 4 CVs and it was hard to watch Spooks as I was doing it, so after a while I switched to Catfish and Alan went up to bath and bed.  We did have some Sticky Toffee Pudding and cream beforehand though.

I also swapped messages with the lady who owns North Shire where we got married and are going for our anniversary in September and asked for some advice around Whitby for my friend Hayley.

Alan's app has been loaded for beta testing and so I have asked a few DJ contacts to find out if they can help.  Alan was a bit down today and I feel bad that I've been so busy with work and catching up with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment