Monday 20 July 2020

Isolation Journal 55

We woke up at a vaguely reasonable time to say that we were up late again.  We got up and I made crumpets for breakfast, I made mine with honey and marmite (one of each, not mixed together!) 

We ate breakfast outside and I suggested where I could locate the pallet collars from Hayley and Flower next to the compost heap and so we moved them around and had a think and I set about digging up the grass underneath and moving compost from the compost heap into the first one.  Alan and I then relocated the potato plants across and then we had a break for lunch and had gnocchi with chorizo, spring onions and home made pesto and we had a mild disagreement with what to have and how to cook it.  Alan also made us some iced lattes.

I then did some more gardening and Alan was studying for his MBA and also watching the cricket in his office.  I watched a bit of Catfish during m break, but in the meantime I was listening to a good chunk of "How to Stop Time" by Matt Haig on Audible.

We needed some more compost/top soil and so headed over to Lumby Garden Centre and picked up 3 bags of top soil and then went to look for some flowers for the pots in the front garden and picked up 2 yellow perennials, a larger yellow one and a red one.  We also picked up some gardening gloves and a stretchy hose.  We wore masks inside, but only saw one other person with one which was disappointing, but they had installed screens at the till and had some hand sanitiser.  

I finished off the gardening and then had a brief rest to watch the end of one of the episodes of Catfish.  I then took all the recycling out, did 2 loads of washing, cleaned the kitchen, tidied the downstairs, hoovered and mopped the house.  

I then made couscous with roasted vegetables (aubergine, yellow courgette and red pepper) and haloumi for tea which was really delicious and decided to have a glass of white wine with dinner.  It was from Naked Wines and a lovely sauvignon blanc that was so delicious I logged on to review it.  

We watched some more Spooks and I did lots of coding of candidates for work as we go live on our new system in only 2 weeks.

I had thought I'd go for a run, but I was pretty active gardening all day and my back was killing by the end of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment