Sunday 5 July 2020

Isolation Journal 41

I managed about 7 hours of sleep last night, must get to bed earlier tonight.  I got up and had some yoghurt, homegrown raspberries and blackcurrants and granola for breakfast and then a naughty slice of toast with biscoff spread.  

We watched a bit of telly - Alan suggested that I might like Spooks and so we watched an episode together from 2002 and it was great, as he described a more upscale version of The Bill (That I was always obsessed with!).  

We then headed out to Berts Barrow to meet my friend Hannah and her husband and two boys.  Hannah has heart failure and whilst hadn't had a shielding letter is being very cautious so it's only the second time that I've seen her since lockdown started.  Whilst we were waiting for her to arrive we went into the shop and bought some honey, cream, sticky toffee pudding, cherry tomatoes and cherries and spent our £20 wedding present from one of Alan's colleagues Danielle.  We then put on our masks and went into the strawberry field and picked our own strawberries.  When we'd filled our punnets we went up to pay for them and then went to Fairburn Ings via our house so we could use the bathroom and Alan could make a coffee for Chris.  

We then had a delicious picnic on the benches and had homemade bacon and cheese quiche, pizza, coleslaw, salad, chicken and some of the strawberries and cream.  We then had a nice walk around the reserve and used my app to find some plants and animals.

We drove home and I did the recycling and took the rubbish out, hoovered and mopped the floors and cleaned the bathroom and went out for a run.  I felt a bit breathless during the run, but I think that it's because I've got a slight bit of a cold and I was pushing myself fairly hard and did 6.5k in about 35 minutes.  I added it to my "notparkrun" record for the week.

I had a bath and Alan cooked steak, padron peppers and chips for tea and made a couple of lynchberg lemonades.  We watched more Spooks and then I prepped the strawberries and some cream for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment