Wednesday 10 June 2020

Isolation Journal 15

Today was my "day off" and I felt totally exhausted so I ended up waking up when Alan got up to go to work and then falling asleep until about 10.30am and not getting out of bed until 11am.  I wasn't sure what to do with the day, I knew I needed to do a bit of tidying and wanted to go for a run of at least 7 miles, but that was about it.  I got into my run kit to make sure that I would get myself out for a run and wanted to make it easier for myself.  

I had granola, a granny smith and somee yoghurt for breakfast and a couple of coffees and then watched a bit of catfish after setting off the washing machine and emptying the dishwasher.  I then listened to the Archers whilst I cleaned out the baking cupboard - Alan was less impressed with my accomplishment when he got home. I also took the dead flowers that were from my birthday out to the green waste bins and also some weeds from the garden.  I took some compost food waste to the compost bin.  

Maya brought in a dead bird and it made me sad.  

I then did another load of washing and got settled down in front of the laptop to write up a session plan for runclub.  I went for a pyramid session where you warm up and then run 1 minute at a high intensity 7 - 9 RPE and then have 30 secs of recovery and increase each minute by a minute up to 2, 3, 4 and then 5 before doing down 4, 3, 2, 1 and then cool down run.  

I then finally went out for my run and I'd planned to do around 7 miles and managed a little over this.  It was damp and so I wore long sleeves and leggings and I didn't push myself too hard and it felt quite comfortable.  I borrowed Alan's aftershoks headphones so I could hear well and listened to I am not your baby mother by Candice Brathwaite on audible, I heard her being interviewed on the High Low Podcast last week and I couldn't buy the book as it was sold out and actually I loved hearing her speak so I was keen to hear her narrate her own book.  It definitely made the run go a lot easier.  I also had an idea for a book I could write, something targetting siblings of kids with behavioural problems, I was that child and I read Superfudge by Judy Blume and found it really fun to read, but also really helpful.  No ideas of plots of anything yet, but a concept.

Alan rang me as I was running and I had to be quick as people were staring at me.  I then got back and he was sat drinking tea on the front step and watching the bumblebees.  I had a glass of orange squash and ice and an orange lolly and realised I'd forgotten to have any lunch.

We watched the Daily Briefing again and it's lovely that people who have been living alone can now form bubbles, but the rules around it did seem confusing and I'm still concerned that the death rate is high and that the back to school goals seem to have been abandoned rather than thought through in a considered fashion.

I then got a call from my boss who wanted to fill me in on a few things which was interesting and some food for thought.

Alan cooked hello fresh for tea and it was a really nice sweetcorn and chorizo creamy pasta and we had some naughty ice cream for dessert and then I went up for a bath and came down to watch more catfish and tidy up the dining room and the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment