Tuesday 10 May 2022

#runandtalk and Mental Health Awareness Week

Today was a Tuesday, but not a first Tuesday, but as it's Mental Health Awareness Week with a theme of loneliness I put on an extra session as I know that many people would potentially benefit from company if they were feeling lonely.

I've been posting each day on LinkedIn as well to tie in with the theme and I'm hoping that it makes a difference to some people.

I've loved being more social again in the past few months, but it's still quite jarring to get used to and so at times I've had to force myself a bit, or nudge might be the right word to make sure that I do things to make me feel positive and social. I don't want to slip back into a more hermit like existence as I did before 2010 when I joined WI and made lots of really important friends. 

The run was nice as we found some ginnels or maybe snicketts that I wasn't familiar with, saw an interesting carving from a tree in Woodhouse Ridge and some rabbits back on campus and then we had a quick drink and chat at Nation of Shopkeepers where I've not been for years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment