Sunday 18 October 2020

Isolation Journal entry 130...but definitely missed at least 2 weeks!

Today I woke up really early as I needed to drop my car off to York Audi for a service at 8.15am so my alarm went off at 7.10am and I left about half an hour later having fed the cats, eaten a banana and drunk a coffee and made one to go.  I also cleared out my boot in the hope they might clean it (I later discovered they aren't valeting cars at the moment due to Covid)

I listened to "With me Now as I drove and I was about 3 or 4 minutes late, but the traffic wasn't too bad  at least and I'd taken "Girl Woman Other" to read as well as my phone to entertain me.  I dropped off the key and the chap was wearing a mask and sat behind a screen and pointed out a socially distanced area to myself to wait, but I suspect it wasn't all that well sanitised as there was spilt and dried up coffee all over the table.

I noticed after over an hour my car hadn't moved and the chap explained that it was because the workshop entrance was blocked, it did eventually go in about 10am and so I went for a walk around the Clifton Moor escape with an idea I might go to Costa for a coffee.  It was a 20 minute walk and I listened to an audible book that I'm using for research for my novel Don't you Know Who I Am? when I got closer I popped on my mask again and had a look and there was a queue out of the door for both Costa and Greggs and as York is Tier 2 alert level I decided not to risk it and walked back to the dealership, but dialled into the weekly parkrun "Virtual Opposite" call and caught up with people which was lovely.  I saw my car return and my battery was down to 10% so I left the call and after a few minutes I was able to get my car back.  I picked up some bad news that one of my close friend's husband has come down with Covid and is having to self isolate with the family, it's really not what they need after a stupidly challenging 18 months.  I hope they are doing ok.

The car passed it's first MOT with a small advisory on corrosion on brake discs which Alan had told me to expect as it's been sat on the driveway a lot and not moving.  I drove back and let Alan know I was on my way and called my Mum and Dad for a catch up.  I got back in time to eat a very odd lunch of an almond croissant, cinanmon swirl, left over kebab and curly fries from last night and also a rocket lolly - I definitely need to eat better food!

We watched the first episode of the new series of Taskmaster which genuinely had me crying with laughter during the "egg" challenge - watch it you will thank me!

I had to nip out for my Drive Through Flu Jab and time it so I arrived at exactly 2.07pm and it was literally a drive through where I showed my letter, was given a token, put on my mask, drove to a tent, wound down the window and without a moment to prepare jabbed in the arm!  It was certainly efficient!

I got home and watched the rest of Taskmaster and then fell asleep on the sofa and watched some Great British Bakeoff.

Alan cooked sausage and mash and cherry crumble for dinner which was really delicious.  and we watched more Taskmaster and then when he had a bath I watched some Extra Slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment