Sunday 18 October 2020

Isolation Journal 131

I woke up later than I'd hoped today, messed around on my phone for too long, but did manage to read around 50 pages of Girl Woman Other and then got up and made some scrambled eggs on toast for a late breakfast.  

I had just enough time to go for a quick 30 minute run and noticed that my right knee is a bit sore, but at least my Garmin now has my training status now as "improving".  My friend Hannah rang me whilst I was out for a run, but I had to ring her back later!

I then very quickly showered and signed onto a crafternoon zoom call with my friends Alix, Sam and Hayley a few minutes past 1pm.  Jenny also joined us a bit later.  I started work on a babygrow for my friend who has had a baby called Willow and started to make a Willow embroidery on it.  We chatted away for hours and I suggested we could try and get a Goat to join us for our call, but unfortunately even though the booking went through for £5.99, they didn't spot our booking and the goat didn't make it.

I messaged Hannah after the crafting and had a catch up and then after that call I went to do some tidying of the kitchen and sorting out of my kombucha that has turned into vinegar, took out the recycling, got scared when a mouse Alan had put in the bin started rustling around (clearly not dead).  I made some carrot and coriander soup and also made as start on a Hello Fresh recipe for tea, but fast concluded that the pork that went off 2 days ago was definitely not edible and so I made orzo pasta instead and used up some onions, mossarella and courgettes.

We watched Taskmaster and then also ate lots of crumble.


No comments:

Post a Comment