Sunday 2 January 2022

A new approach to new year's resolutions

Year after year I would write resolutions that were challenging and pretty much year long, which is a long time to keep up the energy of depriving yourself of something or doing more of something. 

My 20 things 20 times in 2020 and then 21 things in 2021 were inspiring, but again with a distanced view of a year it was easy to fall behind and feel a little bit disallusioned on some of the things I was working towards, so this time I have a new strategy. I will have daily, monthly and yearly goals and I'll revise my monthly goals depending on how the month has gone. Importantly they'll all be focussed on doing more good things, than trying to do fewer bad things.

Daily

  • 10 minutes of reading (at least)
  • 10 minutes of writing (at least)
  • 10 minutes of daylight (at least)
  • Only have treat food (chocolate, takeaway or booze) if I've had my 5 a day fruit and veg
  • 10 minutes of activity - cardio or resistance (at least) 
  • In bed to allow enough time to sleep for c8 hours
  • 10 minutes of physio exercises
  • Listen to one new piece of music every day
  • 1 hour everyday away from social media/phone
Monthly
  • Read 4 - 5 books (4.33 is needed to hit my target of 52 in the year)
  • One new place visited
  • One walk in a beautiful location
  • One thing planted
  • One item/box/bag donated to charity/recycled
  • One blog post (at least)
  • One gym visit/strength session
  • One new film watched
  • One catch up with friends
  • One craft session
  • One letter/postcard
  • Lead/coach one run club session
  • One live music/theatre/comedy trip (either attended or booked)
  • 12 days veggie only

Yearly

  • Run 2022 K or 1256.4 miles
  • Hit my work budget target
  • Finish the first draft of my novel and have at least 1 person to read it and give me feedback
  • 250th parkrun





No comments:

Post a Comment