Saturday 2 January 2021

21 things 21 times in 2021

Off the back of my last post reviewing my 20 x 20 in 2020 challenge, I was itching to get started again and so I've set myself some new challenge and some are repeats of this year, not because I "failed", but because they are things that I want to keep doing more of.

It now meanst I'll be doing 441 things rather than 400 which does seem like a leap forward, but considering I mostly only focussed on this from June onwards I reckon I'll feel ok doing this.

1 - Complete 21 bike rides outside

2 - Donate to charity / recycle 21 bags/boxes/items of stuff

3 - Go to 21 yoga or pilates sessions.

4 - Write 21 letters or postcards

5 - Complete at least 21 crafting sessions - either alone or even better with friends

6 - 21 blog entries - either weekly summary or topic specific

7 - 21 sessions of mindfulness - Ideally I'd do this everyday, but I'm not great at always remembering, so this is a nice achievable target.

8 - 21 walks in lovely places

9 - Leading/backmarking/coaching at least 21 run club sessions in person or remotely

10 - Volunteer at least 21 times

11 - Meet friends for coffee/lunch/catch ups at least 21 times

12 - Read 21 books

13 - Watch 21 new films

14 - Learn 21 grammar topics - despite studying English Language and Literature at University and attending a "grammar" school I never understand what people are talking about with tenses, first person etc to the level I want to, so I'm going to challenge myself to learn 21 new topics around this to help with my writing.

15 - Have 21 days where I complete a social media rest - i.e. don't check Facebook etc - messages from actual humans is ok!

16 - Visit 21 new places (not countries, just different places that I've not been before, whether a restaurant, or a nice place to walk - my Yorkshire Wildlife Trust membership gives me lots of ideas)

17 - Visit the gym / do home work outs 21 times

18 - Plant 21 "things" whether seed bombs or vegetables.  

19 - Watch 21 live music/comedy/guest readings - on zoom or hopefully some in person

20 -  Eat entirely veggie for 21 days

21 - Complete 21 chapters or re-edits of chapters on my novel

Other Targets 

  • Run 2021 KM or 1256 miles in 2021 - this is 256 more that last year about an extra KM or 5 - 6 mins per day.
  • Ride at least 122.2 hours in 2021 (2 hours and 21 minutes every week on average) to help with the below target - covid permitting!
  • Complete half ironman triathlon - Sundowner
  • Donate my hair to Little Princess Trust in celebration of getting vaccinated (fingers crossed!)


No comments:

Post a Comment