Friday 14 August 2015

Palm reading

Today didn't start as planned, my second  bout of DB meant that the prospect of Yoga first thing was not going to happen which was extremely frustrating.  I rested some more before getting up for the cooking class at 10am.

The cooking class was attached to our hotel and run by the owner who had a very witty style and unusual tone to his voice.  The first thing we learned to make (after smelling all the spices first) was masala tea which Joe was tasked with preparing.  We all got to sample the tea which was very tasty.



We then moved onto the next recipe, but unfortunately at that point I started feeling  quite faint and so ended up lying down on the floor on a tiny corner of the room before deciding to head back to the hotel for a lie down - one of the class helpers walked me back which wasn't far and I came away with the recipes to try out back home... Although I was really disappointed to have missed it.

We met up again as a group at 2pm and organised which order to go in for Palm reading.  Raj also arranged a massage for me first - it was certainly an experience!

I love having massages - mostly due to the amount of exercise I do there is usually at least one niggly bit that benefits from some pummelling and I also find it very relaxing.  I've had massages in a few different places around the world and having had a very "thorough" massage in Nepal a few years back I wondered in this would be the same!  

The massage place was just a few doors up from the hotel and was tiny and had only 2 massage beds.  The lady I don't think spoke much English at all, so I did as I would for a UK massage and stripped to my underwear and lay on my front on the bed.  She unhooked my bra, which didn't alarm me as that's happened before during massages and I had a good back, arm and leg massage.  She then she instructed me to "turn" and I imagined she would place the towel over my chest and continue with my arms and legs.  "Nice" she declared (although not quite sure what she was referencing so I'm going to assume my shoulder tattoo) as she then proceeded to spend a good 10 minutes massaging my chest (even more thorough than Nepal!), but I wasn't quite sure how to communicate that I was fine with the full body massage not being that "full" so I just went with the flow. I then had a fairly painful stomach massage and a more pleasant Indian head massage (when in Rome...) and she used lots of oil.  I then got dressed and paid 1100 rupees including a tip for the "experience".

Back at the hotel it was time for my palm reading which took half and hour and was extremely thorough - here is a summary:

- my palm was apparently the best he'd seen all day with a strong life line predicting I'll live to 99 - 101 years old (my Grandad was 33 hours off being 100 so this isn't totally unreasonable)
- I am a good person whose greatest skill is communication and that is how I make my money and it could be either in business or as a teacher.
- I'm a helpful person, but people haven't always helped me in return and do lots of charity work which should continue
- my brain line was strong, but he said despite having lots of ideas I struggled to put them into practice.
- he said I'd had several previous relationships and separations, but it wasn't my fault because they were Librans...
- he said I will have one fulfilling relationship in the future and I will meet that person between the 19/08/2016 and 19/09/2017
- I will have one daughter who will be very wise
- I have a teacher like relationship with my Dad and my Mum and Dad quarrel often (this is definitely not true!)
- my lucky colours are dark blue and black
- I should therefore wear a blue sapphire on my middle ring finger and also an a green onyx on my pinky finger
- I should fast every Tuesday and only have one meal and fruit and liquids
- I should meditate for 5 minutes every morning
- I should worship the sun every morning by climbing onto the roof and taking a copper pot filled with water and pouring everything but the last drop into a plant pot and the last drop should drop onto my middle finger.
- my luck line breaks up from ages 28-48 so anything I achieve I can achieve, but through my energy rather than luck.
- I have lots of energy at 85 I will have the energy of a 35 year old
- my lucky years will be 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 and 2022
- at 32 years old a guardian angel came into my life
- I will never have any problems with money

Some unusual ideas!  Even if none of it is accurate it was an experiences do he gave me his email address in case I have any questions.  He was gentle and earnest in his demeanour and I think even if it's absolute rubbish he probably offers calm to some people.


I then went and did some shopping, accidentally queue jumped a German family at the ATM who were very unimpressed and managed to eat some chips.  I picked up my tailor made dresses which fit perfectly and are amazing quality for less than 24 hours work.



We went for early dinner at Charcoal on the rooftop of our hotel and I managed paneer and vegetable skewers and more chips.  Rather worryingly the 16 year old waiter knew my room number without asking and was very chatty pointing out the location of The Best Marigold Hotel.  An early night as up early to catch a 6am train!



No comments:

Post a Comment